Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Letter

Let’s make one thing clear: This is, indeed, a solicitation letter. If you can live with yourself, stop reading now and recycle this thing. Seriously, I could hardly blame you, but I’d appreciate a little more of your time.

Thanks for sticking around. One of the major distinctions between the developed and third worlds is water, whether it be for sanitation or consumption. More than likely, the water pumped into your home is completely free from disease. However, approximately twenty-five percent of people on the continent of Africa have little or no access to clean drinking water, relying instead on contaminated water sources. To combat this, Mentor Leaders (www.mentorleaders.org) has partnered with the village of Gbentchal, Togo, in order to provide the villagers with safe water.

On December 10, 2011, I will run the Kiawah Island Marathon (www.kiawahislandmarathon.com), my first full marathon. I began training for this race on August 22, 2011, and, to date, I’ve covered over 300 miles. In preparing for the marathon, I decided to partner with Mentor Leaders and its sister organization Run Water to raise support for their mission of providing “basic education, fresh water wells, sanitation, and create economic stability, all while maintaining the dignity of the culture.” You can help by going to www.active.com/donate/rb4runwater and helping me achieve the goal of a $2500 donation to Mentor Leaders. If you are uncomfortable with online transactions, you can send a check (written to “Mentor Leaders”) to me or directly to Mentor Leaders (whose contact information I will provide below).

I hope you consider sponsoring me by donating to Mentor Leaders.

Mentor Leaders

P.O. Box 1441

Crawfordville, FL 32326

No comments:

Post a Comment