Thursday, November 10, 2011

23 September 2011

This December I will run my first marathon at Kiawah Island, South Carolina. Over the last couple of years I have discovered and appreciated the isolation and, at times, selfishness that comes with being a runner. A few weeks into training for this race I realized that this race should be about more than what God has enabled me to do. And so I ask you to visit mentorleaders.org and read about the passions of this organization; consider your own creature comforts; and, if you can, please help me raise funds and awareness for Mentor Leaders and their satellite organization, Run{Water} as they aim to change lives by providing safe, clean water to thousands of Togolese children. You can do so by going towww.active.com/donate/rb4runwater and giving whatever denomination of your choosing.

I hope to raise $1000, although it costs $20,000 to provide a well. If you'd like, I can send you weekly updates regarding my training, so that you can help keep me accountable. As a fun aside, the suggested giving levels are named after mustache styles. That being the case, if anyone donates $1000, he or she will have a stake in the race by choosing my race day facial hair.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think might help.

Thank you dearly for your time and consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment