Thursday, November 10, 2011

17 October 2011


Here is the weekly update on my training for December 10's Kiawah Island Marathon:

Monday, 10/10: 5.14 miles, 8:55 pace (with my friend, Tim)
Wednesday, 10/12: 5.26 miles, 8:41 pace (with my friend, Tim)
Thursday, 10/13: 7.27 miles, 8:39 pace (with my friends Tim, Greg, and Adrian)
Sunday, 10/16: 13.40 miles, 8:00 pace (with 17,000 friends at the Columbus Marathon…I started my iPod a little early)

My friend, Dan, ran his first full marathon in Columbus yesterday. After finishing, and struggling through many leg cramps, he encouraged me to ask Kiawah for a refund. I was surprised that this neither shocked nor scared me as I enter the last seven weeks of training. Thanks again for your thoughts, prayers, and donations to Mentor Leaders. Please feel free to pass along information about Mentor Leaders (www.mentorleaders.org) and the Active donor site (www.active.com/donate/rb4runwater).

RB

P.S. Attached is a photo of my bride and me after we completed the Columbus Half Marathon, where she posted a personal best! By the way, today (10/17) is her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment