Monday, March 28, 2016

Running is Strange

With three weeks from race day, I'm sort of at a loss this week. But something struck me after Saturday's long run (see below). It was odd, but for some reason completing twelve miles was more noteworthy than the previous week's twenty-miler. It's not that I felt better, was more or less prepared for one over the other, but when I got back in my car I thought, "Who would've thought I'd ever run twelve miles?" Yet that hadn't occurred to me after finishing twenty. Why was twelve more noteworthy? (I use "noteworthy" rather than another word because "significant" seems too grandiose.) I don't have an answer.

As race day draws closer, so does the completion of March Matching Madness and the Mission Possible fundraiser.  Thank you to all who have donated to the Rescue Mission. And to everyone, please take time to learn more about the work at the Mission and share what you learn with others.

Monday: 2400-yard swim
Tuesday: 8.12 miles
Wednesday: 8.01 miles
Thursday: HIIT at BTF
Friday: 4.44 miles
Saturday: 12.31 miles
Sunday: Rest
Total: 32.88 miles

This is after my wife and I finished the 2014 Chicago Half Marathon. We celebrated with some strange dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment