Thursday, January 19, 2017

What's in a Name, Or: Where are the Flags for My Car?



Of course when Bill Shakespeare put those lines, "What's in a name," into Romeo's mouth, he was making some existential statement about sworn enemies and love, right? As for me, I've been reflecting on the names I've been known as over the last year:

And now, I get to be an Ambassador. More specifically, I will serve as an ambassador to the inaugural Youngstown Marathon, to be held Sunday, June 4, 2017. Now I hate to stress this too much, but the role of ambassador is awfully serious. At the very least, the folks at Merriam-Webster considered me a representative, and whatever it is I'm representing, I hope I do it well.

So let this initial blog post serve as an announcement, dear reader, that I intend to represent Youngstown and its running community well. Over the next few months I'll agonizingly share my training experiences as I prepare for both the Nashville and Youngstown Marathons, all the while serving as a proper #runtheyo ambassador and helping a few friends train for their first marathons (at Youngstown). But what I really want to know is when do I get ambassador flags for my car? And where is the embassy?

And if you're a regular Running with RB reader, eagerly checking back often to see what I've been doing since May 2016, rest assured that I'll write more detailed updates over the course of the coming weeks.

This is soon after I completed the 2016 Richmond Marathon where I ran a PR. (That's my daughter's arm, attempting some bunny ears on me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment